The Trend Report provides you with the ability to:
- ANALYSE changes between different surveys
- MEASURE the impact of policy or practise changes over time
- EXPLORE how different populations (e.g., by year or sex) contribute to the overall trend
How To Interpret the Trend Report
For each measure, a chart will display the following:
- displays the values for each survey snapshot and the difference between them;
- shows a line graph of the most recent survey results;
- allows you to hover your cursor over any point to view the exact value of that survey; and
- features a NSW Govt or replica school norm for comparison.
*NSW Govt Norms are based on the data from Term 1 of the first year the measure was included.
*The replica school comparison is based on all data from Snapshot 1 2015 and Snapshot 1 2016, to reflect a
‘rolling’ replica line. Advocacy at School, Happiness, Optimism, Academic Self-concept are based on Snapshot 1 2016 data only. Intellectual Engagement composite, Rigour, and Growth Orientation are based on Snapshot 1 2018.
You can change the information within the charts through the following options:
Compare - Compare current trends against the previous 2 years.
Sort - Sort by Largest increase and smallest increase.
Refine - Uncheck boxes to only show specific measures of interest.
Export - Download to PDF
To further explore your Trends in detail - You can click on any trend chart to explore how different population groups (e.g., year or sex) contribute to the trend.
* Example trend report for a school’s female population.