1. Please tell us some of the things you really like about your school, or things that would make it even better.
2. A focus for this year has been to build capacity to teach writing in all content areas. What events, resources or experiences have increased your capacity to teach writing?
3. Describe one improvement in student learning outcomes that has taken place as a result of professional learning you have undertaken this year.
4. What additional tools and resources do you feel you need to improve student learning and engagement?
5. List strategies that are used in the school which promote a respectful learning environment. What strategies are working best?
6. How are you spending your time? What is helping and what are the obstacles that we could focus on to help achieve professional goals and to achieve work/life balance?
7. Describe a change to your teaching practice this year that has had the greatest positive impact on the way students learn in the classroom.
8. Please describe our school culture and the ways in which it contributes to student learning and student achievement.
9. What aspects could we focus on that would have the greatest impact on spreading success across the school in the area of... ?
10. Write an action research question we could focus on to ensure continued improvement.
1. How often would your lessons embed a strategy from Focus on Reading?
• Never or hardly ever
• About once a week
• About 2 or 3 times a week
• Every day or almost every day
2. How often do you seek out other teachers for support, their opinion on student matters, or in general?
3. Involvement in Professional Learning has led to changes in my teaching and practises of learners in my classroom.
• Strongly agree
• Neither agree or disagree
• Strongly disagree
4. On a scale of 1-5, how likely are you to recommend this school to others. 1 is not at all and 5 is highly likely.